Thread: Book length
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 07:06 PM   #41
Laridae
Addict
Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Blackberry PlayBook, Nexus 4, ChromeBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by elemenoP View Post
Actually my ereader has helped me with my fear of long books. I never wanted to tackle them because they were intimidating and the print was too small. But now, I can make the print any size I want and I don't have the physical heft to intimidate me.
And on a related point; with variable font, who knows How long a book is anymore on an e-reader? It kind of takes away that whole concern.

There are no page numbers, and unless I keep referring back to the ToC, I really have no idea how far along I am at any particular time. As long as I'm enjoying the story I just keep goin' along for the ride, no matter how long it is - until, all to soon, it's over.
Laridae is offline   Reply With Quote