View Single Post
Old 07-28-2012, 02:44 PM   #66
pruss
Evangelist
pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
I tried the "root" version of Screen Dim on my N7, but it does not dim the screen any more than the minimum setting in the standard settings. I would like it to get dimmer than that.

If it matters to Screen Dim, I upgraded to the latest firmware before rooting, and I flashed ClockWorkMod to it so I can recover without a tethered boot.
The non-root version lets you adjust contrast once the backlight dimming gives out. You can either have two sliders, one for backlight and one for contrast, or a single combined slider that lowers contrast once you run out of backlight (at around 20/255).

Quote:
P.S. Speaker Boost works great on my N7. I also found that holding it so that my hand LOOSELY COVERS the speaker grill on the back guides sound around the palm of my hand toward the front, making it sound much louder. This is easy when watching videos in landscape mode. I use that hold AND a 60% boost with Speaker Boost.
You might try putting a heavy book under, with some spacers, to get a better sound reflector, maybe.
pruss is offline   Reply With Quote