View Single Post
Old 06-03-2011, 10:41 AM   #1
infoquake123
infoquake123 began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
[Old Thread] Applications hang when converting or adding more than 1 book at a time

All applications hang when converting more than 1 book at a time. I have a library with about 15k books. I have no problems when i convert an e-book individually but if i try to convert 20 books or so, all applications including calibre and internet explorer hang. After 2hours , everything returns to normal and the applications no longer hang. If i try to convert 100 or more books, all applications including calibre hang and after 5-6 hours, a message pops up that calibre is no longer working and that i should shut it off. Typically any conversion that is more than 50 books will cause all applications to hang immediately and many hours later eventually a message will pop up saying that calibre is not working. I'm a newbie and not sure what information to provide. Pls let me know I'm tried switching off my antivirus but that does not help. I have no idea what to do. Would really appreciate it if someone could help me. I'm using a 32 bit system with windows 7 home by the way.
infoquake123 is offline   Reply With Quote