View Single Post
Old 01-16-2011, 11:32 AM   #10
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
ok - well iv'e fixed up my the chapter numbers as simple h2 tags in sigil , to avoid gettign side trcked by TOC issue

i thought the filepos did nothign but then i found the final xhtml contained a toc coded with links back to those filepos values, thus is was gettign out of step and confused as I messsed around.

so I ditched that toc completely, make the chapter number sino h2 tags & let calibre & sigil do trheir thing.

I now have workign toc in both epub & mobi.
& chapter start code like this
Code:
body class="calibre">
  <div class="calibre1" id="filepos20356">
    <h2 id="heading_id_2">3</h2>
I am 99% sure the div - filepos line is now totally redundant but I will leave it there for now.

to test the h2 - margin top idea i go to .css
and add your line:
@namespace h "http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml";
h2 {margin-top:0}
.bold {
font-weight: bold
}

save - convert to mobi .. and ...

no difference.

I reckon that kindle software insists on adding the space. when I@e not seen it it's because books had no chapter / header tags but just happened to have toc that worked

I think I will accept that the space is supposed to be there. note that I've learnt a bit about filepos & toc in the course of the afternoon, & quit while I'm ahead.

will be happy to read your feedback though
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote