Thread: Saved searches
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2017, 04:10 PM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by abecedarian View Post
Hi,

I'm about to do a complete and clean install of MS Windows 10 on my computer. So I'll have to reinstall all my software programs, including Sigil. I'd like to keep my saved searches that I use as a kind of macro substitute (in Sigil 0.9.8). I haven't found out how to do that or even if that is possible at all with Sigil. Can anybody give me a helping hand?
Do what Doitsu suggests.

But then try doing an in-place reinstall of Windows, then with luck you won't have to re-install any 3rd party software - or not many at least (browsers if any). But, I suggest you completely uninstall any 3rd party security suites before doing the reinstall

See ==>> Installation & Upgrade Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

I've used that process on at least a dozen occasions on Win 7 and Win 10, only had a couple of failures - both times due to well-known 3rd party security suites. A couple had Sigil and all of them had one or more much 'larger' applications installed that were left intact (including registry settings) - such as MS Office, Autocad, QuarkXPress, Photoshop Lightroom, Mathcad, Calibre etc.

MS won't offer this option, because it's not guaranteed to deliver a near perfect as advertised result, whereas their nuclear Refresh and Reset options will do that - but at the cost of losing everything except Windows itself.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 04-07-2017 at 04:48 PM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote