View Single Post
Old 09-22-2015, 11:03 AM   #3
Stanley66
Stanley66 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindStanley66 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindStanley66 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindStanley66 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindStanley66 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindStanley66 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindStanley66 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindStanley66 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindStanley66 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindStanley66 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindStanley66 has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Thank you for the reply!

I believe good design is focusing on functionality, but please do not understand me wrong, I admire the product made with passion, knowledge, lots of functions and distributed freely. I don't mean to criticize Calibre. It just feels too complex and huge for me personally, when used just to sync a few books on my Kobo and have a few more waiting on my mac.

Mac OS has already a good data organisation with spotlight search, etc. Dropbox do the rest (synchronisation, possible backup). So I was wondering maybe there is some light utility which can just allow you to see eBook covers in a gallery style and (optionally) categorise them. I saw old posts saying that there is no alternative to calibre, but was hoping times have changed..

The little technical issue I have is when I start Calibre form the Applications it behaves like I just downloaded it and opening for the first time.
Stanley66 is offline   Reply With Quote