View Single Post
Old 04-30-2014, 08:59 PM   #615
FantoM
Enthusiast
FantoM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FantoM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FantoM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FantoM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FantoM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FantoM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FantoM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FantoM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FantoM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FantoM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FantoM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by endless_reading View Post
I checked my collection a moment ago, and it is about 109GB with 35268files. And some of these files are quite small, just single page memos. Some of them are extremely big, I've got one book called "Atlas of human anatomy" by Frank H Netter, it's 572pages and 522MB.

So when I was using Kindle DXG, I need to swap books quite frequently. With an onyx M92 right now, I still have quite a lot of switches .

My habit of reading is sometimes a little bit too extensive, not very focused. I would browse 100 books in a single day sometimes, and check much more books for references purposes.

So a 128G storage would really be appreciated by me.
I agree that study books, specially those with graphics, technical images and diagrams are heavier (in terms of storage) than an average reading book. Also, while studying, it's handy to change books quickly, something that e-readers didn't offer until now with good support. Digital Paper has tabs, which allow us to change the books quicky, without needing to return to the library.

But , do you study anatomy in black and white?

If you really need to check a lot of books per day, maybe a tablet is the best option. You could have productivity on the go as well. I'm thinking about it, since the Digital Paper is being a bit disappointing. I thought about the surface, which is the best tablet right now for productivity IMHO. But it's a lot more heavy.
So I read there's a mini surface coming, especially designed for note tanking. I might consider that an alternative. The negative side is the screen size (just 7-8'')...

Last edited by FantoM; 04-30-2014 at 09:01 PM.
FantoM is offline   Reply With Quote