View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 11:05 AM   #1034
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolarFox View Post
I have been reading this thread all the way and maybe you can help me, but I think my problem is a bit special. I have a 5.3.1 PW, I did not try to install jailbreak, or anything, but after a charge it was showing the "Your Kindle Needs Repair." message (I charged it for 14 hours for now still nothing). I am wondering if there is (or probably there will be) any method that can be tried (even on hardware level) to fix the problem (As I understood data.stgz method does not work with this version). I live outside the US and I do not want to send it back to Amazon (they sent a change to me to an US address though).

I am just curious if it can be saved since it does not seems all dead (battery light screen works so...)

What do you think?
You can debrick it using a serial port connection. It would be much easier to recover if you HAD installed jailbreak and some other stuff before it bricked...

A jailbreak install MIGHT still work. You need to reset a "failed boot" counter to get rid of YKNR (Your Kindle Needs Repair)...
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote