View Single Post
Old 12-22-2012, 06:29 PM   #7
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by robko View Post
Any particular reason you're trying to do it this way rather than just dump the font on the Kobo and picking it as the desired font when you open the book the 1st first time? It should maintain the font setting for each book, so you only need to change font once.
Perhaps I didn't explain it well enough. I have some books which have certain portions of text (not the whole book) with css style {font-family: monospace}. The Kobo seems to render these portions in the font selected in the font menu, i.e. as if the styling was {font-family: serif}.

For example, I do not want computer code snippets rendered in the book's main serif font. Neither do I want the same book's main body text rendered in a special monospace font. I want a serif font for the main book and a monospace font for the code snippets.

If I wanted to read a book which is a screenplay -- usually rendered completely in monospace -- it wouldn't be a problem to load and select a monospace font from the font list for the whole book.

I have a similar problem with some of my own created epubs which need some portions only in a small-caps font. I was quite happy to create them this way because rendering small-caps was not a problem on any of my previous readers -- mainly because of MR community hacking offerings it has to be said. I do not know of any ereader which can support font-variant: small-caps as standard.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote