Thread: Cover size?
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2012, 04:21 PM   #8
Marseille
Guru
Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
In addition to minimum 1000 high and 625 wide, Amazon recommends a 1.6 ratio, which upon experimentation looked for what I was doing -- too tall. My first piece is one of humor, and my instincts suggested the average such book would have a wider cover. After browsing a bit today, I'm finding quite a number of books in my area with a ratio of 1.275.

It's a subtle difference, but people pick up on cues they aren't consciously aware of. When you're truly on your own, you gotta play every angle.
Marseille is offline   Reply With Quote