View Single Post
Old 06-17-2011, 02:39 PM   #144
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
Love Castle!

Really like Lie to Me, as well, but unfortunately it (and Human Target which I watched as well) has been canceled.

Edit: Can't wait for Eureka to come back. We were late to the show as a whole and caught up last year, I think, via Netflix. I'm not so crazy about the new time-line, but I do enjoy the show.
I hate to say this, and I hope it doesn't make me sound like a snob, but intelligent and emotionally complicated shows tend to not last unless there are enough boobs and gore to balance it out.

For a while there was a similar problem with police shows - everyone wanted gory lab procedurals, courtroom contests or oversexed dramas rather than good old fashioned "cops doing cop stuff" shows. I held my breath for the longest time worrying that Rookie Blue was going to get canceled, so I was very happy when they announced a second season was ordered.

Many people thought Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior was boring. I loved the emotionally complicated characters. It got axed, it won't be back next year.

Don't get me wrong, I love gore too, but I don't need it. It's just that network TV is competing for the attention of as many people as possible, so anything not exciting enough doesn't make the cut through to season 2. Cable has the advantage in that many cable channels are already catering to niche markets, and they don't need the huge numbers to be successful. They can also afford to take more chances.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote