View Single Post
Old 07-13-2010, 05:51 PM   #3
Solitaire1
Samurai Lizard
Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugeyed View Post
I am saddened by the fact the Sony PRS-600 does not display epubs in full justification! After all it is trying to replace the printed book experience. Any hope of a future firmware to do this, or does Sony care? I understand that the 900 does it. I know that at least one Android powered unit does full justification. Is this a common failure of eReaders?
Cheers,
kev
P.S. Can I convert my epubs to a format that is full justified?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
Try lrf.
I can't stand full justification and that was the reason I always avoided lrf files when I was reading on Sony Reader
I avoid full justification when formatting my ebooks. I prefer my main text to be ragged right when reading because I use a larger font which results in large gaps between the words when the paragraph is fully justified.

As far as formats that support full justification, you can try PDF. You can make PDF files using OpenOffice.org. You make the ebook as a OpenDocument format file (make sure the page size matches the dimensions of your ebook reader's screen), export it to PDF, and the resulting PDF will be formatted exactly as intended including full justification. When you do a page preview you can see exactly what your ebook will look like on your ereader.
Solitaire1 is offline   Reply With Quote