View Single Post
Old 09-09-2019, 11:52 AM   #4
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabeel View Post
Thank you Cootey: that's a very useful website.
If I may--as I have a cousin whose entire life has been affected by epilepsy, in some not-great ways--I really feel that you need to learn a LOT MORE about epilepsy before you create a protagonist therewith.

I mean...yes, there are different types of epilepsy, but it's not, as Cootey says, like the flu. You don't "catch it" and you don't "come down with it." It's not contagious. I think you run the risk of seriously offending a lot of epileptics and their families if you don't do quite a bit more research before you continue writing about him/her.

Or, perhaps, there's another condition that might suit your plotline better? I mean...what made you think of epilepsy, in the first place, since, with all due respect, you're obviously not that familiar with it? What is it you need, illness- or condition-wise, to make your plot work? Maybe the good folks here at MR could help you find something that works better for you?

FWIW.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote