View Single Post
Old 04-01-2014, 07:52 AM   #1297
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddz View Post
The ability to order collections - alphabetically, by number of books. It's irritating when you have more than one page of collections to have the ones with the most books towards the end.
This was added to the firmware in 3.1.0.
Quote:
The ability to order by series and number within series within the library and within a collection.

Multiple sorts - so, sort by author, then by series, then by title etc. I don't want to have to fiddle around in Calibre to add series details to the titles and export it via a plugboard as that makes titles impossibly long and cluttered.
All the sorts do multi-level sorts. "Title" is title and then series. "Author" is author, title then series.
Quote:
A back button - useful when you accidentally open a book and have to go to the home screen and navigate back to where you were (unless I'm missing something).
Returned in firmware 2.9.0.
Quote:
Some filters based on author name, collections - Authors A, Authors B or Historical, Fantasy etc. I know you can navigate to collections then scroll through the pages looking for that collection but I shouldn't have to do that; it should be available from the main library page.

Search by collection - if I use the Calibre automatic shelf management, I end up with 20+ pages of collections

Display series and collection data on the main library display - so you have author, title, series & number, collection. It would make library management so much easier!
From memory this was added in 2.4.0. Or maybe 2.3.1.
Quote:
The ability to edit the metadata on the device - so I can tweak it without fiddling in Calibre and deleting and reloading the book.

Customisable sorts at all levels of the collection which are saved in the device settings as defaults. Unless I'm missing something in the kobo.config file (is there a list of available configuration options somewhere? I've tried to find one but can't.)
A collection can be sorted in six ways. The sort is stored for that collection.

As to options in the config file, there is discussion about various options here. There has been recent discussion on the collection sorting because of a bug in a recent firmware.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote