View Single Post
Old 06-18-2018, 04:13 AM   #1
Araucaria
Bibliophile
Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Libra H20, Kindle PW2, Moon Pro on Lenovo tablet
Giving a Kindle as a present

I want to give an old but not very technically competent friend a book-reader as a present for his 70th birthday. I use a Kindle Voyage myself and that's what I would go for: it's pretty simple to use.

I'd like to pre-load it with a few books - public domain works from MobileRead probably.

However, I think I remember that many of the Kindle functions are disabled until the reader is registered with Amazon, and it's a bit of a problem registering it with his Amazon account if the present is to be a surprise (and I don't know if he has one anyway).

Is there a way round this? Suggestions would really be appreciated.
Araucaria is offline   Reply With Quote