View Single Post
Old 03-24-2017, 07:15 AM   #6
Steenstrupian
Steenstrupian began at the beginning.

Device: None
I'm happy to find this thread as I've been looking for exactly the same thing, and look forward to seeing how people get on. The Freewrite (I have one) is a cute concept but is limited by i) the fact that you can't insert your typing anywhere on-screen, but can only add to the last point (which takes the skeuomorphic nostalgia for a typewriter too far in my opinion), and ii) is really big and, handle notwithstanding, not very portable.

Unlike happycampers, I'm looking for a smaller screen - 6" would be fine, as my aim is for pocketable utraportability. In fact I have a Kepler Pro on order: going to give it a go linked to my old-but-still-the-best iGo stowaway bluetooth keyboard.

I'm used to iOS, and have been mostly writing with Ulysses, Notebooks or Scrivener, but I've never used Android before: I'd be glad to hear people's recommendations for the best cloud-syncing Android text-editing apps (and/or workflows) that might work well on this kind of platform for long-form writing. (Ideally relatively easily compatible with iOS and/or OS X.)
Steenstrupian is offline   Reply With Quote