View Single Post
Old 05-19-2013, 06:46 PM   #484
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quexos View Post
Ok this is probably a little over my league. I opened the first .html file within the epub.zip then I opened that html file by adding .txt so that I can see what's inside and modify if necessary and the closest thing to what you mention which is @page goes like this:
@page { margin-bottom: 5.000000pt; margin-top: 5.000000pt; }
If that's what defines the position of the cover, maybe I could add margin-left and margin-right values ?

Also to make it all even more confusing, I forgot to mention that on my computer the e-book cover looks normal, it's only in my Kobo reader that it's stretched.

Well because a specific css sheet is for a specific book isn't it ?
if it was all standard then all css sheets would be exactly the same.
But when you look at them they are widely different, some for instance apply text rules with the name "p", others with the name "body" etc ... When through caliber it all becomes "caliber1" "caliber 2" etc ... which is even more confusing when you try to locate a value that for instance would rule indents.
In the meantime, do I just randomly cram the new code here provided and where exactly ? Just before "@page" ? Or at the very beginning (cause there is still some weird code before that)
A simpler way to get started with the CSS if you use calibre at all is to use the internal viewer to inspect the CSS.

Select a block of the problem text and right click on it then click inspect.

This will pop up a list of the CSS for that selection and has boxes you can uncheck to see the effect of a particular CSS.

Makes it fairly easy to see just what you need to change.

Then you can use tweak epub to change the stylesheet and preview the result, and rebuild the book if it is good.

It is not as sophisticated as sigil, but usually works for me in getting rid of unwanted line spaces, indents, margins etc. in under 5 minutes. or adding them)

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote