Thread: TBR lists
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 11:44 AM   #7
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
I prefer not to read two similar books one after the other. I very rarely even read two books from the same series without something different in between. Heck, the UK paperback version of A Dance With Dragons was published in two volumes, and I read something else between the two halves of the one book.

I also kind of like to mix it up with devices. If I feel I haven't used, say, the Kobo for a while, then I'll pick something on the Kobo next. (Let's count pbooks as a device, too.)

I do have quite a lot of trouble tracking the TBR, though. I'm slowly putting together a spreadsheet, but it's quite a lot of work. I still need to add several dozen pbooks, and I think I'm probably missing a few free ebooks that haven't yet made it into Calibre (Baen CDs, for instance).

I also have todo lists on my iPod, when I'm pursuing various authors/series/lists. These include books I don't yet own (and I really wish the Todo list software I am using supported three states - I need to track whether I own them as well as whether I've read them.) For instance, I have a list of Agatha Christie's novels, so I can see which ones I need to try to pick up when I'm browsing charity shops and second-hand bookshops, or, I guess, borrow from the library (I'm not willing to pay the ebook prices); and I have a list of Hugo winners, which I now own all of and have only 9 (well, 8.25 now) to read.
DrNefario is offline   Reply With Quote