View Single Post
Old 02-22-2011, 06:35 PM   #70
yifanlu
Kindle Dissector
yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 3
Ok, I've updated the package along with more detailed installation directions.

In this "new version", a couple of changes have been made:
1) This will uninstall update-provider-hack if it exists to prevent conflicts
2) No more "jailbreak" folder with files in it. You just need one file "ENABLE_HACK_UPDATES" if it exists on the USB root (and you restart), the Kindle will use hack updates. If it doesn't (and you restart), the Kindle will use Amazon updates.
3) There is no need to "upgrade" if the jailbreak worked for you unless you're OCD like me and don't like having a "jailbreak" folder on the USB.
4) If you used the "main" version before (the one that created the "jailbreak" folder), you can install this on top and it will remove the old version. If you used the "advanced" version that existed in the zip file within the zip file, you need to uninstall first.
5) I added packages for Kindle 2 and older. They are untested so use at your own risk.

Last edited by yifanlu; 02-22-2011 at 06:37 PM.
yifanlu is offline   Reply With Quote