View Single Post
Old 02-22-2011, 05:24 PM   #62
otichy
Connoisseur
otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: KPW
Not sure that my problem is connected with the new jailbreak, but certainly with the 3.1 fw.

I have a 3.0.3 Kindle 3G, jailbroken while still 3.0.2, then updated to 3.0.3, several hacks installed: launchpad, usbnetwork, European Keyboard, Free Download, Readability mod [EDIT] plus the wpa_supplicant hack to use enterprise wifi and a FBreader [/EDIT]. With this I installed the new jailbreak, downloaded 3.1 update and started updating.

First I get the Updating screen, then Update Successful, after restart, Updating again, small font in the lower right corner says "Phase 1 of 2", after a while, it says "Update was not successful, restarting."

I thought I may need to create the jailbreak folder with AMAZON_UPDATES file or perhaps clean all remaining files after previously testing Duokan, but nothing helps. The update always fails.

Any ideas? What is it that the Amazon update actually checks and what can fail the update?

Last edited by otichy; 02-22-2011 at 05:55 PM.
otichy is offline   Reply With Quote