View Single Post
Old 02-26-2019, 01:20 AM   #38
droopy
Guru
droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
In Feb 2019, page turn speeds have improved

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Modern eink devices don't have slow page turns (unless you mean PDF documents). I have had Kindles since 2011 and page-turning was far from slow even back then.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
As Sirtel mentions, dedicated eReaders (especially modern ones) don't have slow page turning. Not ideal for PDFs, but with .mobi and .ePub reading there will be no "stuttering."
Hi Sirtel ard rcentros,

Thank you very much for helping me in my shopping research.

cvkemp says that a February 2019 firmware update on his Kindle made book opening and page turning faster.
Just to be clear, I'm not interested in a Kindle device, since I'm more of an ePub reader. But perhaps what is said of Kindle devices (i.e., page turns were slower and are now made faster) applies also to other eReaders.
Or am I wrong? One way we can harmonize what you two are saying with what cvkemp is saying is this: Kindles are slow, but ePub readers are relatively faster (even back in 2011).
Another way I can understand all of this information is that you two are just patient with page turns and book opens, perhaps because you are comparing your more recent experience with that of your very first (older) ereader devices?

Would love to hear the thoughts of all.

Last edited by droopy; 02-26-2019 at 02:08 AM.
droopy is offline   Reply With Quote