View Single Post
Old 07-03-2009, 07:13 AM   #9
emonti8384
browneyedgurl
emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505/950x2, PRS-600 silver, Galaxy III purple, T2 black
Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
Legality aside, I'm not sure it's possible. I thought the ebooks were tied to our hardware, one way or another. If you bought them from Sony, then I think they're limited to hardware registered to your account. If you bought them from Books On Board (ADE), the Adobe initialization ties them to your computer and Reader (I think - I don't like Adobe's DRM, so I don't use them).

Now, if you're buying DRM-free ebooks...well, back to your regular programming, already in progress.
I put the books I had on my pro duo card and found (to my understanding)that even though another person could read the books on that card on another reader, the books I buy are linked to my credit card number. Can she take the books off my memory card and put them in her Sony library? I am not quite sure and that is up to her discretion; if she just wants to read my books I see no problem with that. Now if I were stripping the DRM and putting my e-books online I see the issue. Obviously. But this woman is someone I trust and besides, she couldn't strip them and put them online b/c she would need my credit card # to do so, which she does not have. This is strictly for her to read, not to redistribute.
emonti8384 is offline   Reply With Quote