View Single Post
Old 06-12-2018, 07:35 PM   #13
Mivo
Fanatic
Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: In use: Pocketbook InkPad 3, Kobo Glo, iPad Air 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by cascade1 View Post
How is that infrared touch compare to capacitive. Is it true that there is less screen to see thru resulting in better text appearance?
Yes, that is true. The capacitance layer theoretically degrades the display, though it's probably arguable how noticeable this is and may depend on the individual. I don't really notice it with the InkPad 3 (capacitive). But yes, with an IR system, there is one layer less between the viewer and the text.

Usage-wise, I don't really notice a difference, but I don't take my readers outside in the winter (if you wear gloves, IR would definitely be a major advantage).
Mivo is offline   Reply With Quote