View Single Post
Old 06-28-2014, 07:22 PM   #6
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
AFAIK You can use either install (or both) but if you tried to (force) install 'Portable' into Calibe programs folder, I am not sure what happens.
Note I said Force, I don't think you can install Portable (BTW 32bit only) in Programs without a BIG hammer

Use the control panel to uninstall Calibre (32) and Calibre-64

Delete any residue left in Program files and/or Program files (x86) (no calibre2 folder). The Library should NEVER have been in that path (default is in you Users/<username>
I've been updating the same way I've updated since I started using Calibre more than 3 years ago, so I'm reasonably certain I didn't 'force' anything. Anyway, I checked my Control Panel and, in Programs, I have 2 copies of Calibre; one dated 05/11/14 (the icon is blank) and the other with today's date. So you're saying to uninstall both of these? My library is nowhere near the Program files so I'm good there. However, what about my configuration settings? How will I get these back if I start from scratch? Also, which install package should I now use? I've always used the 32-bit (IIRC); so which one should I now use, the 32-bit or 64-bit?
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote