Thread: Kobo Bug thread
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2013, 11:58 PM   #342
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftright View Post
Kobo Glo. V2.8.1

Kobo's desktop hangs when downloading the upgrade with a message "remove some books to make space for upgrade", Kobo's desktop shows the spinning blue wheel, the load bar shows full.

what do I do, just unplug the glo from the desktop ?, will that corrupt the contents on my Glo.

I ask you with tears in my eyes, do the teenage dev's at Kobo not think of these eventualities ?, why don't they check if there is enough space on the device PRIOR to initiating the upgrade........now I run the risk of loosing all my data due to their incompetence. (YES, I do feel that strongly about it).
I think you should be safe if you eject your device.

Then back up all of your data. I do this as a matter of routine before installing firmware.

In fact backup all of your data before ejecting.

If you need directions I can post them for Windows, but not for Apple or Linux. Still someone else will I am sure.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote