View Single Post
Old 09-18-2011, 11:46 AM   #28
OtterBooks
Wizard
OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4, iPad Mini/Retina
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonetools View Post
People who buy books also buy and read other content. They buy magazines, children's books, illustrated books, etc, etc. The shift to tablets is meant to serve those consumers
Magazines, yes, but I don't see a big shift for children's books, yet. Parents aren't all keen on the idea of their child's developing eyes staring at a backlit display for hours on end. Also children destroy things. Maybe illustrated books that are practical in nature, like guides/craft etc. Tablets serve ephemeral multimedia content, imo, which is why magazines/newspapers, lightly read and disposable, work well for tabs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonetools View Post
A medium where SOME people won't tolerate advertising . FTFY.
When it comes to books, my guess is most people won't tolerate it. They don't tolerate it in paper books now. I'm not talking about the occasional ad stuck in the back of an mmp, which is itself even rare, but embedded advertising. Advertising works best in a low/shifting attention span environment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensualPoet View Post
When the DX was $389 and Kindle 2 was $259 the 50% price gap already shut down part of the interest.
The DX still being priced at $379 kinda puzzles me.
OtterBooks is offline   Reply With Quote