View Single Post
Old 12-09-2010, 04:06 PM   #47
SkyDream
Wizard
SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.

Device: PRS-650, iPod touch 4G, iPad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by trekchick View Post
My relationship with my DXG is equal parts love and frustration. Since the initial DX launch (do you remember that they made a big deal about it being the first Kindle with PDF support?), owners have complained about its barebones approach to PDF support. Sadly, except for inadequate zoom presets, there haven't been any real enhancements to DX's PDF features. It seems that Amazon is ignoring the feedback.

Although I squee with glee when I win Kindle Scrabble, I'd be truly overjoyed if Amazon deployed more core features instead of making Kindle into a social networking and monochrome gaming device that also handles e-books. I don't mind if other people use their Kindles like a toy; to each their own. My worry is that Amazon seems to be focusing on soft features while neglecting to enhance Kindle's usefulness as a tool. It can do both.
Let's wait until new year.
Amazon has already announced lending feature for ALL Kindles this year; not many days left. That includes Kindle DX Graphite. New feature = new firmware; hopefully totally up to date firmware for DX.
SkyDream is offline   Reply With Quote