View Single Post
Old 03-20-2010, 10:59 AM   #34
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
My third and last recommendation

I'd like to propose A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court by Mark Twain
and we can find it at Gutenberg

Wikipedia says "The novel explains the tale of Hank Morgan, a 19th-century resident of Hartford, Connecticut who awakens to find himself inexplicably transported back in time to early medieval Britain at the time of the legendary King Arthur".

P:S.
There are more books that I would like to share a discussion, but I cannot find them as ebooks on the Net. They are

Comma 22 by Joseph Heller that I consider hilarious and my wife not.
The Good Soldier Švejk by Jaroslav Hašek. I saw it - for mere $ 29.00 - chez samizdat (*)
Only When I Larf by Len Deighton
My Uncle Oswald by Roald Dahl
Home is the sailor, in portuguese Os velhos marinheiros ou o capităo de longo curso by Jorge Amado.
Karl Valentin's TingelTangel (*)
The Revolt of Gunner Asch by Hans Hellmut Kirst, first of the 5 books series "Band: 08/15 ..." (*)
Dienstbüchlein by Max Frish. I could not even find the English translation, but this is really hilarious.
Changing Places by David Lodge, first of a series
Confessions of Felix Krull by Thomas Mann (1954)

(*) to have these books on my reader I'd be ready to chance my soul on the DarkNet. Nah, that's not true.
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote