View Single Post
Old 08-11-2019, 10:43 PM   #25
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
It looks like you've all sorted everything out before I chimed in, but there were some interesting ideas nevertheless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherCat View Post
They are both short novels, perhaps we could read both?
This reminds me of the idea I had of spreading votes & discussions out by length instead of strictly monthly, so that if the selections were shorter we might read two or so in a month and so on. There was interest in trying it out but so far I haven't because logistically it might be a little complicated to plan out. Your suggestion reminded me of it since we had a short selection last month and both of these are on the slimmer side. Though it looks like the run-off is settling on a selection this month, it could be fun to try something like that at some point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
In the absence of any strong opinions we could go with whichever one got votes first in the original vote.
Yes, that sounds good, though I'm not quite sure if you mean the one that got any vote first, or the one that got all its votes first. Oddly enough though, if no one had voted in the run-off, whether we broke the tie by the first that got any votes, or the first that got all its votes, or even the first fully nominated (as has been used as a tie-breaker in the past), the same book would've won the tie-breaker regardless, heh.

Last edited by sun surfer; 08-11-2019 at 10:51 PM.
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote