View Single Post
Old 06-24-2010, 07:50 AM   #5
bevdeforges
Addict
bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma; Sony PRS600B; Sony 350; Sony T-2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitsela View Post
I was about to finish a book and wanted to download the next one in the series so plugged in my Reader and waited for the software to load....and kept waiting. The eReader Library software never loaded, so I unplugged and tried again...nothing. I then looked in the task manager and saw that under processes the library was running, huh?!

I ended the process and tried again, same thing.
Had the same thing with my Sony Library software. In my case, I actually had to reboot my machine to get the library software to come up - or just wait a very long time. Sometimes I'd give up, go do something else and when I got back to the computer an hour or so later, there was the Sony Library sitting there waiting for me.

There is a recent upgrade to the Sony Library software that makes it work a little bit better - it's still slow but at least it seems to load up every time.

Reboot your machine and then connect your Reader - be prepared to wait as long as it takes for the Library software to come up. Then, click on Help and Check for updates. That should get you the latest and greatest version - at least that's what worked for me.

But like folks here have said, you only need to use the Sony software for buying from the Sony bookstore. I tend to use Calibre to transfer books to the Reader - even those bought at the Sony store. That way you can change the tags and maintain your library on your own computer hard disk.
bevdeforges is offline   Reply With Quote