View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 02:43 PM   #32
Suzanna
Living in the past
Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Arc
Kobo Arc isn't dead in the water yet because Kindle Fire is only available in the U.S. Supposedly it's coming to the U.K. at some point, but that doesn't help me. As a Canadian, I have no intention of jumping through hoops to get my hands on a Kindle Fire, and then have to jump through more hoops to get access to content for their forked system. I tried accessing their App store, and frankly after not being successful (I followed step-by-step instructions on the Amazon forum, and I'm very tech savy) gave up on Amazon's extra services. Not worth the extra hassle for me.

The Arc isn't really aimed at the U.S. market, and it seems that at the moment that's all Amazon cares about with it's tablet. If I choose not to get an Arc, it will be because I'll go with the Microsoft tablet or the Nexus tablet. It certainly won't be for a Fire I can't use.

Last edited by Suzanna; 09-06-2012 at 02:46 PM.
Suzanna is offline   Reply With Quote