View Single Post
Old 04-25-2012, 03:22 AM   #1
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Help with images please

Most of the ebooks I prepare for the MobileRead library are a hundred or so years old, and in some of them the associated images have a grey or sepia background so that they do not show well on a monochrome ebook reading device.

I know virtually nothing about images or image properties - I don't even know enough to know where to start googling. Can anyone point me to information on how to lighten the background and increase the contrast so as to make the images appear better?

I have on my computer PMView (which I've used since my OS/2 days), GIMP 2, IrfanView, and Paint.NET. But except perhaps for PMView I haven't the sightest idea how to use any of them or where to begin.
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote