View Single Post
Old 05-04-2010, 02:37 AM   #6
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
I tried responding and it said "An invalid post id was requested."

Too bad. If they had offered us a chance to add comments to the end of the survey, I would have said:

There are a number of Tor authors I never read because one or more of the following are true:
1) Their Tor books are never released in ebook format.
2) Their Tor books only get released in Amazon Kindle/Topaz format, which I never buy because I can only read them on Kindle for PC.
3) Their Tor books are released as ebooks but priced the same as the hardcover, even when Tor has released a mass-market paperback.

I never buy hardcover books. Since I can usually sell mass-market paperbacks to a used bookseller for 10-25% of cover price, I figure that the ebook price, when a MMPB edition is available, ought to be 10-25% less than the equivalent MMPB. Before switching to ebooks, over 50% of my paper book purchases were used books, and most of the rest were discounted by the retailer, I will be buying fewer books from publishers who embraced Agency Model pricing if they price their books at or above MMPB pricing when MMPB editions exist. Most of my ebooks purchases in the last 3 years were at least 15% less than MMPB pricing thanks to sales and loyalty programs, so even pricing ebooks at an even parity with MMPB is at least a 15% price increase to me.
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote