Thread: Kobo Tweaks
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2013, 10:19 AM   #60
auspex
Groupie
auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Nexus 5x
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I think what is happening is the device starts and displays books from the internal memory. Then it sees the SD card and updates the list to show those books. There probably isn't anything you can do abut this. While I don't use an SD card much, I probably don't see this as I rarely power-off my Glo. It goes to sleep and returning to the Home screen from a book or sleep doesn't have this problem.
Exactly. I keep all of my own books on the external SD, and see this when I power off (and it annoys the heck out of me), but like you I have stopped using power-off. The battery lasts so long in sleep mode, power-off hardly seems worthwhile.

I did consider putting all of my books on the internal memory - after all, I'm a long way from using it all - but then one day I did a factory reset, and realized that there's so much less work to do when my collection is on the SD, as factory reset clears the internal memory but not the external.
auspex is offline   Reply With Quote