Thread: Kobo Tweaks
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013, 01:11 PM   #54
Leonatus
Wizard
Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Shine 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Are you saying that you have kepubs on the Touch and when you delete them they don't stay deleted? And when you restart the device, these kepubs show on the home screen for a while before being replaced by sideloaded books? Are the sideloaded books on an SD card or main memory? Does it remember the reading status of any of them?
I tried a radical measure, deleting those Kobo books not only in the bibliotheque, but in the .kobo and in the .kepub files, afterwards also in ADE and in Calibre. So, now these books don't show any more at the starting process, but the screen now shows, in the same way as before, for a short period, the information that the bibliotheque is empty, and that I should load a book first.

Then, this vanishes, and my sideloaded books (on SD-card) appear as usual. As far as I can see, bookmarks are working properly on them when open.

But this is not the progress that I tried to achieve; I have been searching for a way of "eliminating" the pace when the device first accesses the Kobo files. this but seems to be impossible.
Leonatus is offline   Reply With Quote