View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 02:28 PM   #129
RHWright
Addict
RHWright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RHWright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RHWright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RHWright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RHWright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RHWright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RHWright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RHWright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RHWright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RHWright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RHWright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NOOK ST, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakini View Post
well, another anecdote to add to the "bad customer service from B&N" aspect of why they're not doing so well ...

I'm starting to get suspicious of whether their inventory tracking system is working. But I try the third store. My last option.

[...]

I call the store. I ask to speak to a manager, who tells me it's B&N corporate policy thate [sic] refuses to let them tell the customer if they are reserving a damaged book. So they apparently knew they were trying to trick me into buying a damaged book. We talk for about 15 minutes. She's unapologetic. She just keeps repeating that the corporate poicy [sic] says they're not allowed to tell the customer the condition of the book if the book is reserved, and this is a hazard.
Well, unless something radically changed since I left B&N 3 years ago, there is no such corporate policy. Sounds like they were handing you a line. Which is just as bad, come to think of it.

As to the inventory system being off, there are 1000s of items it has to keep track of. Once things are on the sales floor, it is easy for things to get misplaced. Items do get misshelved, browsed to other places, and >gasp< stolen.

The sad thing in all of this is that the real corporate policy seems to be to give the stores alot of latitude, as long as they are making their sales projections and are under on hours. Everything else, including attitude and service, is up for negotiation.
RHWright is offline   Reply With Quote