View Single Post
Old 05-18-2012, 07:59 PM   #1
bfollowell
Fanatic
bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Nook & Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5
Find/Replace bug?

OK, I have a retail epub that I'm trying to cleanup and Sigil is messing something up and I can't figure out why or how. I am creating some new classes and trying to bulk find replace. I am wanting to replace:

<p class="para c2">

with:

<p class="para"><span class="italic">

OK, first of all, I search for <p class="para"><span class="italic"> just to make certain none exist anywhere. Zero instances are found.

Next I search for <p class="para c2"> and find that there are 33 instances.

Next I enter <p class="para"><span class="italic"> in the replace field and click on Replace All. It says there were 33 replacements made.

Now, there were only 33 instances of my find clause found, right, so how could there be more than 33 instances of my new clause when I search for it to see what all was changed?

I don't know but when I go back and search for <p class="para"><span class="italic">, I see that there are now 477 instances rather than the expected 33.

What the heck?! How is this possible?

Anyone ever seen this sort of behavior or have any ideas? I'm currently using v.0.5.3

Thanks.

- Byron Followell

Last edited by bfollowell; 05-18-2012 at 08:19 PM.
bfollowell is offline   Reply With Quote