View Single Post
Old 02-24-2012, 03:41 PM   #33296
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
I'm slightly scarred (should be scared) at the moment because my father is in an exceptionally generous mood this week.

First, our manual price-tagger of 25+ years old has been in need of replacement for quite a while now and I had already prepared myself for a battle of getting a new one (new ones that are good are expensive). Yesterday my father told me he had ordered a tag printer (even more expensive) with tags and hopefully it'll arrive next week. Since I'm the one doing most of the tagging I was very happy with that news!

Tonight my father went to Staples to get a new desk chair since the back of his ancient chair had broken off. He also wanted to buy a new, more practical, coffee making machine. Not only did he buy those things but also new chairs for around the table. Again I'm very happy because I've been using an, again, ancient dining room chair with a saggy seat which edge cuts off the blood flow in my legs if I sit in it for a longer period of time.

To top it all off he bought a new laptop for me to use in the store ! For a couple of years I've been using a netbook. A couple of weeks ago he asked me what I thought about the screen size of the netbook, although I don't mind the small size he did. My biggest problem is that with more and more manufacturers releasing their catalogues in huge PDF files it's starting to get a bit slow for looking things up quickly. On Monday, when the store's closed, I'm going to set the new notebook up, removing all the bloatware and installing the things we need (including Kindle for PC for quiet times ).

I'm very happy, though slightly scared!

Last edited by Rumpelteazer; 02-24-2012 at 04:22 PM. Reason: typo
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote