View Single Post
Old 09-27-2011, 12:51 PM   #1
owly
Guru
owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 2, Kobo Aura H2O
Smartphone as Wifi Hotspot

I received my new Nook yesterday and picture my chagrin when you I realized you have to have access to a Wifi connection to register the darn thing. Well I took it to the library but there you have to log in via the web so that was a no go. Then I remembered, I could use my smartphone (A Samsung Galaxy) as a Wifi Hotspot. Now I'd never used it as such before but I held my breath and hey presto, it worked! I also tried it with my Kobo Touch and it worked with it as well. So that's my tip for the day. If you don't have a Wifi connection but own a smartphone? Check it out, you may be in luck
owly is offline   Reply With Quote