View Single Post
Old 06-19-2011, 02:56 AM   #14
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Ummm................

Gonna be boring, I know, but J.K.Rowling contributes very large amounts of her HP derived riches to medical research, child welfare, and a number of very worthwhile causes, uses her "fame" to support a number of others, and does very little shouting about it.

Something an awful lot of the "self-made" or "inherited wealthy" do not get anywhere near.

Her writing helped a lot of children find the real joy of reading - my son for one - and created almost a whole new genre of intelligent writing and simply terrific story-telling for the young of all ages, (and heart) .

Despite this, her work, her contributions to medical research etc... and she, are constantly criticised, often simply for the fact that she has been successful, or done good in some way.
If an HP phone did come out, I wouldn't buy one, but it's been a long time coming, so she can't be accused of jumping on a bandwagon too accurately - and you know at least some of the proceeds would be used for good.

She has put forward her reasons for not issuing ebooks thus far, which I can accept.
But at least I know that Ms. Rowling seems someone very happy with her success, who does a fair bit of good through it, and appears blithely unaffected by our carping, jealousy, conspiracy theories, and the like.

And having had the good fortune to have met the lady, quite outside her work, she just seems a very pleasant person.

Rant over..................
Sorry.
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote