View Single Post
Old 12-11-2010, 12:17 AM   #180
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoran View Post
If I could give an advice, booting linux from usb adapter is equivalent to booting from cd drive. It only matters till the kernel loads. If node...

It is a bit late now, but I'd like to know how kobo chose beta testers.
The problem was that my HP Windows 7 machine did not have a bios option to boot from USB. Neither did my other HP running XP. My husband's Dell could do it, but I would have had to get my bum over to a store and buy a card reader, and so on and so on.... Finally I thought to check out a little ASUS netbook hiding in a closet and I was good to go.

There is a beta sign up sheet here. I believe JC contacted some of the folks he had seen in action on MR for this group, as well.

I was probably the least technically advanced beta tester, but I was persistent
taming is offline   Reply With Quote