Thread: Tethering
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2012, 02:34 PM   #14
andrys
Explorer
andrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: Kindles,SurfacePro2,NookColor,Pocket Edge,Samsung 10.1 Tab,S2 phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmazur View Post
Has anyone tried to tether the Fire to a smartphone for those times that WiFi isn't available?

Just curious, it's not a deal breaker for me, just a curiosity thing.
My Samsung Galaxy S2 allows the KFire to run things at what it says is 5-6Mbps (I'm near San Francisco, which has AT&T's 4G or a hybrid version of it, though I'm across the bay). The Link speed is seen as 65Mbps vs my Home router's 56Mbps on a Netgear N300. I played video on the KFire at a dog park and there was no stuttering of video at youtube.

AT&T supports the tethering, at $20/mo. add'l and it's worth it for me. I ran a Kindle Fire and a Kindle Touch and Kindle 3 at the same time with no slowdowns that I noticed. The KFire was doing video.

- Andrys
andrys is offline   Reply With Quote