View Single Post
Old 03-03-2014, 03:31 PM   #56
tdonline
Addict
tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3, Nook Simple Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
And, you've got the people who are not into reading fantasy and still try to read LotR because they "should read it", or because they saw the movies and thought to just have a go at the book. These people will invariably fail to finish it.
Me to a T. I wanted to read LOTR before I saw the third movie. I also loved the Hobbit though, albeit I read it many years before LOTR.

I did read Harry Potter for the same reason--well after watching the movies and I enjoyed them. Granted this was during the ebook/audiobook era. LOTR was during the good old fashioned deadtree period.
tdonline is offline   Reply With Quote