View Single Post
Old 07-01-2010, 03:29 AM   #1
mudsharkbytes
mudsharkbytes began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Calibre has ruined my Sony Reader collections - help!

Well, much to my regret I decided I'd try transferring a few ebooks to my sony Reader tonight using Calibre instead of the somewhat slow & clunky Sony Reader Library program.

Much to my great dismay, when I started to use my reader afterwards, I discovered that Calibre had 'helpfully' created over 200 new collections! These collections had obviously been created from the metadata calibre had downloaded for many of the books in its library. They are for all intents & purposes useless and are very inconvenient.

Previous to this I had around 70 collections which was a good way to manage all my ebooks, they took up about eight pages. Now I have 30 pages of collections!

Desperate to get rid of all these unnecessary collections I fired up my Reader Library program to delete them.

Sadly, now that Calibre has 'helpfully' increased my collections over three fold - whenever I actually try to open the Sony Reader from the Reader Library software, the software crashes when trying to load the multitude of collections now on the reader, which means that not only can I NOT get rid of these collections, I cannot add book or do ANY editing anymore with the reader library software.

I'm pretty steamed by this as you can imagine.

Does anybody know how to go about deleting these unwanted collections from my sony Reader without using the Reader Library software? Calibre does NOT provide any collection editing as far as I can tell.

Please help!
mudsharkbytes is offline   Reply With Quote