View Single Post
Old 05-06-2009, 04:09 PM   #12
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by columbus View Post
I have to ask - Have you tried Ubuntu?

If you had you would realise that it is far from unfriendly. Transfer from Windoze XP is very easy & friendly, you need about as much computer expertise as for Xp, though drivers for some very obscure software may be a problem. But the community will usually offer a solution.
I am currently running Win 98, (to support some old software), Win Xp prof, Win Xp home and Ubuntu on various pc's. (I refuse to use Vista).

IMHO Ubuntu Linux is at least as user friendly as Xp.
That depends. Granted, it's been a while since I last tried it (7.10-Gutsy Gibbon, I think) but getting my wireless adapter working on it is a pain. Even when I was able to install the drivers, I still needed to reset the settings every time I rebooted the laptop.

Good thing it was only running on an extra laptop. I kept having to move to a PC running Windows XP whenever I needed to do some "power user" stuff. Linux is great if all you need are the basics (net surfing, email, word processing, etc) or if you're an expert at *nix. If you're somewhere in between, it might be difficult.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote