View Single Post
Old 08-29-2008, 12:41 AM   #1
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
ABC Amber Free E-Book Converters Updated

The Process Text Group has updated a number of their free ABC Amber E-Book converters. Among them are:
  • Comic Book Converter (converts only to PDF, CHM, and HTML)
  • MS LIT Converter
  • Palm Converter (AKA PalmDoc, eReader)
  • Psion Converter
  • Sony Converter
Except for the new Comic Book Converter, all of the converters will extract the original (non DRM) file to DOC, RTF, PDF, LIT, RB, HTML, TXT, Palm, and several other formats. No additional software needs to be installed. (You do not need PDF creation software installed for example to create a PDF in any ABC Amber product.)

Among the improvements to the Sony Converter is support for true (or curly quotes) that prior versions translated as an underscore ("_"). There is still no support for graphics extraction from an LRF file. Italic and bold formatting is not preserved in the Sony translation.

There are additional converters available (for a price) such as one for extracting files from the old Rocket Book format. Plug: they also sell a full line of format converters. I have purchased and I do use their products. I am not associated with the company.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote