Thread: Silliness Quiz
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 02:47 AM   #9553
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlet53 View Post
In the United States it is likely that the gasoline one puts in ones motor vehicle contains ethanol made from corn.

So another quick one for fans of Sherlock Holmes. Holmes and Watson resided, according to the stories by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, in a flat at 221B Baker Street in London. This address did not really exist at the time the Holmes stories were written (Baker Street addresses at the time only extended into the 100s), but later Baker Street was extended so that an address of 221 Baker Street became theoretically possible. Today if one were to mail a letter to that address it would be delivered to the Sherlock Holmes Museum. However if standard street numbering were used for the address of that museum what would the street number be?
I have actually seen the museum from across the street, and I even remember noticing that the number wasn't consecutive. But I can't remember what the numbers were!

Let's guess: 226?
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote