View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 02:20 PM   #29
foghat
Evangelist
foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by blogbook View Post
But amazon concludes (or has done so in the past) that the adress of your credit card is your "real" adress and therefore geographic restrictions might (may?) apply: If a book is restricted to the US, you cannot pay with a credit card that is registered in the UK. But if you use a giftcard for payment, this adress check fails.
I buy books in the 'US' store from Canada using my Canadian credit card all the time. Have been for a number years now. Just need to change from my default cdn address to a US address - which amazon makes very easy to do.

The key is, you need to download the books to your computer and load from there. If you download directly to your kindle, Amazon will send you an email saying you are buying books outside of your 'registered' country.
foghat is offline   Reply With Quote