View Single Post
Old 09-24-2012, 11:28 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by tosim View Post
Been using Calibre for approximately 6 months on Windows(XP Pro, and 7), and Linux Mint13. I've always installed each update and all was good. However, with this 0.8.7.0, it did not automatically load my library. I had to click on add books, and point it to my Calibre library (in My Documents). Then the metadata was somewhat mixed up. Anyone else have this problem, and, should I stop doing the (frequent) updates?
Please tell us that you are not accessing the same library from 2 systems at the same time, that can corrupt it.

Also, even simply (Win<->Linux dual boot type) sharing of a library can lead to file name case issues.
Corruption of the users profile is rare (the location of the current Library is in the profile). I have not had it happen in any of the releases covering V6 to V7 to V8. YMMV
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote