View Single Post
Old 09-08-2012, 04:26 PM   #795
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalthia View Post
I've attached an example EPUB to this message.
Thanks. Aside from being momentarily surprised at the extra metadata calibre writes when you save and epub to disk, I don't see anything unusual in it.

Quote:
Yeah that's what I thought but in earlier tests I found that it only works if I enter one url at a time. Otherwise I'd get the page error message. I haven't tested it recently to see if anything has changed but I can.
Can you check that again? Because I just checked to be sure and there is literally no difference between an epub generated by FFDL one at a time vs with a group except the Packaged timestamp.

This is the only symptom that might indicate a problem with FFDL instead of the content from the site.

Quote:
I've downloaded at least 50 stories in the last month and only about 6 of them had the page error message so I don't think it's only new downloads that display this problem. It's been there at least 5 months because I've using the plugin since April.
If it's not recent, and it's limited to only a few stories, I'm leaning toward it being some oddity in the HTML of those specific stories that bothers your Sony device.